Neumann KM 133 D st
AES Digital Protocol Microphone, Professional Grade A/D Conversion, Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- 1 x Neumann KM 133 D st
The KM 133 D Modular Digital Microphone by Neumann is a pressure condenser microphone with an AES/EBU digital output and built-in A/D converter that utilizes the AES 42 standard. The mic uses the KK 133 omnidirectional, diffuse field equalized capsule, which is almost completely made of titanium. It is based on the microphones M 50, TLM 50 and M 150 Tube. As in those microphones, the capsule is provided with an SBK 133 sound diffraction sphere of 40mm in diameter. The sphere helps the frontal frequency response rise smoothly towards high frequencies, resulting in a flat diffuse field response. Taking the sphere off, the frontal frequency response is flat up to 6 kHz, above that frequency rising by 4 to 5 dB.
The KM 133 D is equipped with an AES/EBU output and utilizes the AES 42 standard. The signal is converted from analog to 24 bit digital directly at the capsule. The KM 133 D is intended for use with the Neumann DMI-2 or DMI-8 digital microphone interfaces in conjunction with the Neumann RCS Remote Control Software. These two in tandem offer microphone powering with advanced remote control and monitoring features. Equipment that supports the AES 42 standard can process the output signal of the KM 133 D directly without the use of a DMI interface, but with limited remote control functionality that would be dependent on the AES 42 supported device. If your equipment does not support AES 42, you must use the Neumann DMI-2 or DMI-8 digital microphone interface. Neumann also offers the AES/EBU Connection Kit, a less expensive alternative to the DMI interfaces that does not support remote control functionality.
- Digital Output From Mic
- Features a built-in A/D converter with 24-bit AES 42 digital output for use with the Neumann DMI-2 or DMI-8 digital microphone interfaces, the Neumann AES/EBU or S/PDIF Connection Kit, or direct connection to your AES 42 supported digital mixer
- Remote Control
- The digital output utilizes the AES 42 standard which allows for powering and software remote control and monitoring via the optional DMI-2 or DMI-8 interfaces
- SBK 133 Sound Diffraction Sphere
- Diffraction sphere that helps the frontal frequency response rise smoothly towards high frequencies, resulting in a flat diffuse field response
- Designed for Orchestral Applications
- The KM 133 D is particularly suited for orchestral and other ensemble recordings in acoustically pleasant spaces